From the Fordham Foundry.
The Fordham Foundry, Fordham’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, has announced its inaugural VentureUP! competition, powered by Nasdaq Educational Foundation. VentureUP! is a launchpad for new ventures led by Fordham alumni and current students.
The competition is open to all early-stage ventures and will provide a total of $40,000 in cash and in-kind services, shared between winning teams selected by a panel of judges who work in the venture capital and startup communities. This is also an excellent opportunity to network with potential mentors, investors, and advisors.
Entries are due by September 14. Enter today!
1. APPLY – Applications are now open and are due by September 14. Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
2. SUBMIT – The deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. on September 14, 2018.
3. SELECT – A shortlist of up to 20 ventures will be selected by the Foundry and those selected will be notified by September 21, 2018.
4. COMMIT – Once selected, the ventures will be required to participate in three intensive coaching sessions (live or via Skype) with members of the Foundry and its ecosystem. No coaches will be judges.
5. COMPETE – All finalists will present a live, final 10-minute pitch (plus participate in a 10-minute Q-and-A) on stage to a panel of judges in McNally Auditorium at Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus on Saturday, December 8. Grand prize, runner-up, and people’s choice winners will be announced.